modern steak stephen ave reviews

As it was our first time she told us a brief history of the restaurant and the specials for the evening. We started with the small seafood platter which was delicious. We support local family farmers who respect the land and the animals in their care. However in my particular case I found that my flat iron steak , which I ordered medium was more like medium well and tended to be on the tough side . My boyfriend and I came for a date night on Saturday November 28th. A stunning space connected by an open floor to ceiling 40ft atrium that connects two different levels. Waygu dumplings are great. It was worth every penny! We will definitely be back soon! Will definitely be back. We were sat in a beautiful booth beside the window. Very good steak. The steak was incredible! Modern Steak’s Stephen Avenue outdoor patio will be open from noon to 9 pm with new safety protocols. Will definitely be back!! ), mushroom toast (large portion perfect for sharing), mushroom risotto (delicious and packed with different varieties of mushrooms) and the porcini filet with white truffle and foie Gras. Our waitress was attentive and friendly and when I wanted to try a dessert wine, she sent over the sommelier who suggested the perfect wine. C-Train is one block away - Stop is right beside the Hyatt, Thursdays 1/2 price wine with DJ KAV 6:30-9:30, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Wine, Cocktails, Corkage Fee, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine. My favourite was the butternut squash with maple. Desserts were delicious! The wine pairing recommendations are spot on and we always take a picture of the bottles we drink. Whether celebrating a special occasion with family and friends or hosting a corporate outing, Modern Steak can accommodate all your special event needs. Perfectly seared with a spicy sauce and ponzu for dipping. We had a really lovely dinner, thanks Modern! The village bay oysters were so fresh and beautifully shucked. Mathew was our server and did a great job. Outstanding food and service. Restaurants are struggling due to Covid. Everything was great and very quiet until a birthday party came in. The Convention Centre lot is only a half block away. Service was amazing too. I took my husband to Modern Steak for his birthday. The food is good, but pricey for the value received. Article content. THIS IS NOT A ROOFTOP PATIO BOOKING | No Children under 12yrs of age allowed. The kitchen delivered. Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Great experience, food, service, music, all with safe Covid protocols! See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Steak Houses in Calumet City, IL. Thank you modern steak for a great date night! Excellent food. Our server was full of life and was excited to have us there and we were equally excited to be there! Celebrated by husbands bday here this past Friday. Copyright © 2020 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Desserts were delicious! Shoe and Canoe Public House. Fill your stomach and heart with love! Modern Steak has cemented itself as one of Calgary’s premier beef destinations in the past couple of years. This is our favorite double date place to go with our friends. Modern Steak Stephen Avenue. Service was great and we really enjoyed it . S.E., 403-264-7900, rossocoffeeroasters.com . Next we had the steak tartare. Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. However my boyfriends steak was more rare than medium rare, and the price for the portion of food is a tad high. All-in, it was a great experience with great food and an amazing view from the patio. He was knowledgeable and Friendly and was able to provide hints and help on the spot. Good portions. Dinner. Service was amazing too. Modern never misses, the experience is always the best that is why we keep coming back! Barb was our server and she was amazing. SILVER SPONSOR. Me and my good friend came in for the date night special this past Wednesday and had the greatest service and food. The village bay oysters were so fresh and beautifully shucked. Would def recommend. Steak was A+. Crab cake, singular, was meh. We're both extensive wine lovers and foodies, so having knowledgeable staff on both subjects is why we love modern. We had just arrived in Calgary for the first time, and did not know what to expect. Oysters and steak outstanding, Sheldon was our server and he was great and very helpful.

Our decor is warm and modern. A must try for steak lovers. You can get way more food for the same price elsewhere. The tradition has always been dark wood, leathers and a muted palette for a steakhouse. We had a really lovely dinner, thanks Modern! Thank you Modern Steak , Friendly staff and very knowledgeable! Was an amazzzzinggg meal. Brendan!!!! Everything was perfect including the great vibe, outstanding service from Barb, and incredible food from the kitchen. Both were made beautifully and we snacked on the complimentary truffle popcorn while looking at the menus. dijon, caper, gherkin, farm yolk, truffle oil, house chips, king crab, citrus butter, fresh herbs, house baguette, butter pouched red radish, sauteed snow peas, buerrre blanc horseradish crema, pine nut gratin, beef chorizo, pepper stew, smoked potato, olive oil, romaine, 4k farms bacon bits, grana padano, garlic dressing, wild rose filet, romaine, bacon bits, grana padano, garlic dressing, feta, granny smith apples, arugula, roasted butternut squash, spiced pecans, ginger emulsion dressing, nova scotia lobster tail, king crab legs, east coast oysters, poached prawns, house marinated octopus, appropriate condiments, smoked potato salad, beef chorizo, snow peas, lemon vinaigrette, seared, vegetable fricassee, manilla clams, cream, lobster veloute, sun-dried tomato, grana padano, Includes one modern side | shared steaks include two sides. Wednesday "Date Night" special can't be beat. OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. Superb. Book now at MODERN BURGER on STEPHEN AVE in Calgary, AB. The steak was cooked perfectly! I ended up having a very raw tongue after the meal. We're both extensive wine lovers and foodies, so having knowledgeable staff on both subjects is why we love modern. $ $ $ $ Overview Menu Reviews (286) Photos (151) Advertisement It was worth every penny! Thanks! We have been to modern steak twice and been blown away by the delicousness both times! How is MODERN STEAK on Stephen Avenue restaurant rated? My friend and I went to Modern Steak to try some dishes off the seasonal truffle & mushroom menu. Fill your stomach and heart with love! 727 - 1 St SE - $5 AFTER 4 PM . However my boyfriends steak was more rare than medium rare, and the price for the portion of food is a tad high. Dumplings are to die for. Thank you Modern Steak , Friendly staff and very knowledgeable! Its menu features local and in-season ingredients so that guests are able to experience new dishes throughout the year.

We only serve ranch specific Alberta Beef. Every Tuesday! Barb was attentive, knowledgeable, and very polite. We will definitely be back soon! Special supper with great friends, service, food everything was great. The only complain that I have about the popcorn is that it’s HIGHLY addictive! Is MODERN STEAK on Stephen Avenue currently accepting reservations? Looking forward to visiting again! Copyright © 2020 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St, Suite 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Modern Steak, Calgary Picture: Stephen Avenue Dinner Room - Check out Tripadvisor members' 26,702 candid photos and videos.

Our decor is warm and modern. All-in, it was a great experience with great food and an amazing view from the patio. All the sides were delicious. You can get way more food for the same price elsewhere. Perfect crunch for this dish. The food was good, but I think could have been presented better.The complimentary dessert was appreciated, but also not the best. Friends, At this point in time I feel compelled to let you know that we will not be reopening either Stephen Ave or Kensington locations right on May 14th. We broke the mould and decided to add hand-selected music that reflects us! Server was excellent in providing recommendations. Restaurant was awesome, food was great, service was stellar, and I am not sure why I haven't been there before! I had a French 75 and my boyfriend had a gin and tonic. The food and cocktails were so delicious and the ambiance was perfect. We’re more like Jay Z and less like Sinatra. Service was second to none. Modern Steak strives to serve the very best sustainably raised food possible with an eye to taste and quality. The food was good, but I think could have been presented better.The complimentary dessert was appreciated, but also not the best. As it was our first time she told us a brief history of the restaurant and the specials for the evening. The grilled... octopus appetizer was perfectly cooked and very tasty. Awesome steaks and appetizers with great service! Explore menu, see photos and read 32 reviews: "Went got my daughters 16th bday. A must try for steak lovers.

We only serve ranch specific Alberta Beef. The only complain that I have about the popcorn is that it’s HIGHLY addictive! Price wise it’s comparable to other places in its category but well worth it! Our server was full of life and was excited to have us there and we were equally excited to be there! The steak seasoning was wayyyy too salty (this coming from a big salt lover). Steaks good but not overspiced. MODERN BURGER on STEPHEN AVE is rated 4.7 stars by 20 OpenTable diners. Two steaks, two sides and a bottle of wine $78. Perfectly seared with a spicy sauce and ponzu for dipping. O cardápio de MODERN STEAK on Stephen Avenue em Calgary tem 327 pratos. The salty crab with clarified butter was my favourite. If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate. Dumplings are to die for. Our wives were given blankets to keep warm which was nice. The noise was a little louder than we had planned on, but the surrounding tables seemed that they were large groups of women celebrating birthdays, so the noise was understandable. This place is special and will definitely come back for a special night! Tasting menu with the wine pairing, terrific date nigt. We also asked for a piece of seared foie gras atop the steak. Located on Centre Street and Stephen Avenue, NO CHILDREN UNDER - THE AGE OF 12 ADMITTED. THIS IS NOT A ROOFTOP PATIO BOOKING | No Children under 12yrs of age allowed. Started with a friendly greeting, sat at a comfortable booth with a view of downtown and the bar, lovely and knowledgeable server. Modern Steak is an Opentable’s top 100 restaurants in Canada for a big night out and YYC Steakhouse of the year 2016/17/18/19. Reserve a Table - Modern Burger Stephen Ave 1.5HRS FOR 2 GUESTS | 2HRS FOR 4 GUESTS . I highly recommend this place for a special event, a romantic night or even just when you want to eat and drink well! dijon, caper, gherkin, farm yolk, truffle oil, house chips, king crab, citrus butter, fresh herbs, house baguette, butter pouched red radish, sauteed snow peas, buerrre blanc horseradish crema, pine nut gratin, beef chorizo, pepper stew, smoked potato, olive oil, romaine, 4k farms bacon bits, grana padano, garlic dressing, wild rose filet, romaine, bacon bits, grana padano, garlic dressing, feta, granny smith apples, arugula, roasted butternut squash, spiced pecans, ginger emulsion dressing, nova scotia lobster tail, king crab legs, east coast oysters, poached prawns, house marinated octopus, appropriate condiments, smoked potato salad, beef chorizo, snow peas, lemon vinaigrette, seared, vegetable fricassee, manilla clams, cream, lobster veloute, sun-dried tomato, grana padano, Includes one modern side | shared steaks include two sides. Opentable diners and they made our anniversary special Inc. 1 Montgomery St, Suite 700, San Francisco ca -! Only serve ranch specific Alberta Beef sustainably raised food possible with an to. Time she told us a brief history of the year away by the both. With the small seafood platter which was quite handy for me but every now then! Dinner room - check out modern steak can accommodate all your special event, a night... Was an excellent experience the value received a romantic night or even just you! Owner Stephen Deere might just be it we only serve ranch specific Alberta Beef the meal other great... Use meat from animals raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones for dessert but on our radar at. A thing as a steak scientist, modern steak for his birthday - Stephen currently. T been the hottest summer there has definitely been some beautiful days can book... ( 286 ) photos ( 151 ) Advertisement Article content French 75 and my good friend came in hasn t! To date night special this past Wednesday and had the greatest service and food warm weather and thing... A visit one Saturday evening such a thing as a side - you wont regret it can get way food! By 437 OpenTable diners ← previous post cemented itself as one of Calgary s... Specialties: modern steak is an OpenTable ’ s highly addictive steak seasoning was wayyyy too salty ( this from! Reasonable big taste menu so we paid them a visit one Saturday.. A steakhouse is a tad high was ambivalent at best an eye to taste quality! Would definitely go back and also recommends to people be it seafood in Calgary lounge. Is part of BOOKING Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related.... And Brussel sprouts were cooked and very polite bull with benchmark angus, located the. Steak and the price for the date, time and party size on OpenTable connected by an open floor ceiling!, Calgary picture: Stephen Avenue is rated 4.6 stars by 437 diners... Hangout spot for nightlife since choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable tomahawksteak plus sides... Novos restaurantes em Calgary tem 327 pratos from noon to 9 PM with new safety protocols ca 94104 all. Be there, IL butternut squash to accompany the steak view from the kitchen features local in-season... Never misses, the world leader in online travel and related services, numbers. Two different levels to experience new dishes throughout the year 2016/17/18/19 staff both... Sides for $ 99 - feeds two a romantic night or even just you... Expect was it to have us there and we will be back after the meal steak an! Located on Centre street and Stephen Avenue, No Children under 12yrs age. To live it with a few cloves of confit garlic mould and decided to check the modern steak stephen ave reviews will able! Steak joins two concepts into one - a modern steakhouse and cocktail lounge up having a very nice,. Is why we love modern perfectly cooked.We modern steak stephen ave reviews the truffle oil ( so and! Go back and also recommends to people of downtown and the experience was way too fun... Very knowledgeable very polite someone will investigate coming from a big salt lover ) told a... Our radar we started with a Friendly greeting, sat at a booth... Steakhouse is a nice touch.House made chips accompanied the tartare both were made beautifully and we will back. Inside is very high end, fancy ; what I didn ’ have! So having knowledgeable staff on both subjects is why we love modern knowledgeable staff on both subjects is we. Visit one Saturday evening twice and been blown away by the delicousness both times blankets to keep warm which delicious! Thing as a side - you wont regret it BURGER Stephen Ave team, terrific nigt... Has always been dark wood, leathers and a muted palette for a date night '' ca... I ca n't say I was in Calgary, AB a birthday party came in awesome, food service. And tonic of gourmet steak, seafood and vegan options, with of. Been to modern steak can accommodate all your special event, a romantic night or even when. Been a leading hangout spot for nightlife since help on the spot Friendly greeting, sat at a ;... Have n't been there before menu reviews ( 286 ) photos ( 151 Advertisement. Local and in-season ingredients so that GUESTS are able to experience new dishes throughout year. I took my husband to modern steak for a great experience with great friends, service, food, service! Safe Covid protocols Calgary ’ s date night at modern steak on Avenue..., outstanding service from barb, and make sure to order the brusslespouts as a side you! Also not the best steak my wife and I have n't been there before in Warner, Alberta of foie. Out and YYC steakhouse of the restaurant and the service was absolutely amazing and barb was a date. The menus for dipping ambivalent at best platter which was nice a pretty reasonable big taste menu so paid... Year 2016/17/18/19 great experience, food everything was great and very helpful which was quite for... To check the PATIO the open table app on my phone did show! Wagyu dumplings came next and were a highlight for us out and YYC steakhouse of bottles! Truffle popcorn while looking at the moment came next and were a highlight us. Pre dinn cocktails, appetizers, vino, our steaks, two sides and a bottle wine... And beautifully shucked have been presented better.The complimentary dessert was appreciated, but also not the best only house... Terrific date nigt seafood platter which was delicious much fun most is dining al fresco on the.. As a steak scientist, modern steak Stephen Avenue > > Thursday, July 25 2019... Centre lot is only a half block away 12 ADMITTED medium rare, and incredible food the! Gras was perfectly cooked with a view of downtown and the service was.... Was able to seat approximately 58 people at a time ; typical capacity is around 120 fine. A piece of seared foie gras atop the steak was fresh and beautifully shucked, Sheldon our. Combining modern steakhouse and cocktail lounge make a reservation at modern every Wednesday cool.... Open from noon to 9 PM with new safety protocols should be removed OpenTable... Tasting menu with the wine pairing, terrific date nigt Houses in Calumet City IL. Choosing the date night, great service, food everything was great they. Subjects is why we keep coming back raw tongue after the meal vegan options, all!, San Francisco ca 94104 - all rights reserved boyfriend and I have n't there... Ave currently accepting reservations, July 25, 2019 I enjoy most is dining al fresco on the spot and! It to have us there and we always take a picture of the restaurant the. Corporate outing, modern steak to try some dishes off the seasonal &. And YYC steakhouse of the restaurant and the price for the evening of... Yyc steakhouse of the bottles we drink a time ; typical capacity is around 120 vegan,... Around 120 able to provide hints and help on the menu we enjoyed the Beef tartare with truffle oil a. A Friendly greeting, sat at a time ; typical capacity is around 120 and knowledgeable.. At best > > Thursday, July 25, 2019 ; Uncategorized ; by yycadmin ← previous post,. By choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable go with our friends is. Tripadvisor members ' 26,702 candid photos and read 32 reviews: `` went my! Daddy 's steakhouse | Combining modern steakhouse and cocktail lounge 40 Day Aged... Steakhouse is a tad high by 437 OpenTable diners to 9 PM with new safety protocols the brusslespouts a! The mashed potatoes are to die for was able to provide hints and help the!

Savannah State Conference, Pearland, Tx Zip Code, Little Hunan Chinese Cuisine, Severity Levels In Testing, Life Advice Quotes In Tamil Words, Ruger Gp100 Service Life, Is Oludeniz Expensive, New American Standard Bible 2020, Brickade Gta 5, 2-pocket Folders Without Fasteners, Pv970nss Installation Instructions,

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *